Tuesday, March 19, 2013

OMGGM!!!!!!!!!!

OMGGM!!!

What?

That's right...OMGGM!!!!  Oh my goodness gracious me!!!!!  (ok, so I'm taking a few liberties with text slang).

Where has the time gone?  Could it really be almost through March of two-oh-one-three?  Really?!?

It seems like just yesterday that I was writing 1997 on my checks...well, perhaps that's because that may have been the last time I actually wrote a check in our plastic debit card driven land.  But, I digress...

I've come to experientially appreciate that ol' axiom that time seems to fly by when you're having fun...or is it when you're getting old?...or when you're busy?  Luckily for me (or unluckily if you're a glass half-empty kind of human), I've got a bad case of all three going on.  This is one white-knuckled ride and I'm being catapulted, at warp-speed mind you, to significant anniversaries that I never thought would arrive so quickly. Let's see...there's the almost two-year time span between now and the of selling our house in Carlsbad, Nate's 16th birthday, my TWENTY-FIFTH wedding anniversary.  Egads, I'm not completely sure I like the velocity at which things are rushing by.  I guess I shouldn't have bought into the notion that moving to Idaho would slow life down...I actually imagined an idyllic life of unhurried being where time slowed to a crawl.  Ha ha ha ha ha.....how crazy was that?!?

What's the one thing that is worth more than gold, platinum, heck anything in this God-given universe? Well, that would be TIME of course...our most precious commodity.  And, whether you spend your time on what is important (or not so important as to appear that you're wasting it)...do it intentionally.  You will never get back the time that rushes by like a swollen river after winter's melt.



Sometimes I'm just glad to have to "waste time" in traffic on the commute to drop Damien off at school so I can sit by this beauty for a few seconds longer.  So, remember, when you're think you're in a hurry and obstacles are slowing you down...smile.  It's God's way of giving you the opportunity to stop and breathe and experience a different way to measure time...not by minutes but by memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment