A diary, of sorts, extolling the virtues of moving from seemingly idyllic Southern California to beautiful Idaho...or in other words, how this family of four is coping from the four seasons of California (June Gloom, Fire, Santa Ana, Earthquake) to the ones in Boise (Mild Winter, Fickle Spring, Fires of Summer and Fall...oh, and the Road Construction season).
Friday, May 10, 2013
Spring in Meridian
I think it's called Spring because the weather bounces around from cold to hot to windy to rainy to sunny to dry to humid around here. As pretty as the trees are when they get their early season blooms, I'm not sure I particularly enjoy the fickleness of the weather this time of year...Mother Nature can't really make up her mind if she's winter or summer or something in between. Just a week ago, I was waking up in the middle of the night shivering under a single sheet and a single blanket. Last night, I threw all the coverings off of me, not able to sleep due to the still, humid, hot, oppressive air. Ugh. Wish I could just flip a switch every now and then that would enable me to bring the temperate Spring SoCal climate here. But only the weather. And maybe my family and friends. And maybe my old parish. But nothing else. California, you can keep the rest of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment