A diary, of sorts, extolling the virtues of moving from seemingly idyllic Southern California to beautiful Idaho...or in other words, how this family of four is coping from the four seasons of California (June Gloom, Fire, Santa Ana, Earthquake) to the ones in Boise (Mild Winter, Fickle Spring, Fires of Summer and Fall...oh, and the Road Construction season).
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Blue is my favorite color...
It's a darned good thing my favorite color is blue. I suspect I'll see much of it in Smurfville, aka Boise, due to the Bronco Stadium's homage to the big kahuna himself, Papa Smurf. Yes, that's right, I'm talking about the visually disturbing, yet competitively advantageous primary colored field of BSU. It is this field in all honest truth that inspired the name of this blog, "Sarrazollas in Smurfville." Don't get me wrong. It's not like I expect to see a bunch of diminutive sapphire-hued people walking around the Treasure Valley area but I can stake my life on being surrounded by fans in Bronco blue come pigskin season. I anticipate great artistic beauty of the color against the backdrop of the gold and orange leaves of autumn.
Luckily, I've left just enough time before our trek north (I think three weeks ought to do it) to scour my native Southern Californian landscape, and find the ubiquitous (at least for Boise) blue makeup, a white beard and a smurf hat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment