Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bronco Arrogance

OK, I am tired...well more than tired, of hearing Bronco fans here in Boise complain how they were passed over again, treated like an outcast, in the BCS bowl system.  It permeates the news and the culture in the Treasure Valley in such a way, it makes me a little sick to my stomach.  Yesterday, when I checked the website of the major paper in town, 80% of the top stories were about Coach Petersen griping over the unfairness of the BCS system.  I am here to tell you...I know...BCS should really stand for Bull Crap System.  I get it.  But, BSU and it's fan base complaining ad nauseum this season over a perceived disparity is getting on my nerves, and just goes to prove the Boise sports program's arrogance.  I have five words for you, Coach Petersen...Your. Team. Is. Number. Two.  Number Two teams in their conference, irrespective of where they fall in the popularity contest of the BCS/AP/Coaches Poll, DO NOT DESERVE TO GO TO BOWL GAMES WHERE, AS TRADITION HAS IT, NUMBER ONE CONFERENCE TEAMS GO.  If you were number one in the MW, if you had not lost to TCU (again, by a field goal, in your own house), you might have had a shot at a BCS poll simply because of your placement in line.  But, getting to brass tacks, you need to WIN your games to maintain your status in the polls.  It's as simple as that.  Just because you went 11 and 1 in a season mostly made up of fairly namby-pamby opponents, does not a football dynasty make.  Open up the blinders, Bronco fans, and actually watch other teams from stronger conferences play.  You will realize that the five nominated for the Heisman are truly better than your fair-haired boy, Kellen Moore.  You will realize that there are other kids better than KM who didn't even make the first look simply because their teams are off the radar due to unreasonable NCAA sanctions.  Maybe BSU should leave the MW conference because I'd like to see an Alabama, a Georgia, a LSU, heck, even USC open up a can of whoop-ass on ya and squelch the incessant, infantile rants of unfairness coming from your mouths.

I'd like to see ASU cream you in the Las Vegas bowl.  When TCU beat you by three, the arrogance momentarily ceased.  Maybe a spanking in a bowl you think you're better than will help you eat a great big serving of humble pie.

And, that's all I have to say about the blue and orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment