- Gretchen: The decision has been made and the consensus is in: I will be entering in the "daisies", "wagon wheel", and "bricks" pics in the Western Idaho Fair this year. I have volunteered to be the BKHS Band President this year (not sure what I've gotten myself into) but it'll keep me busy. I'm also back to my theology studies...the university gave me a couple of free graduate level classes because I was honest about the problems I've had in their program over the past few years and was going to pull out altogether. I have to say, though, I am not really enjoying it. As much as I like the professor, it would be nice to have another teacher just for variety. Oh, and thanks to my aging metabolism, I just can't seem to lose those 20 pounds, as much as I'm trying. Whatever...I don't really need to impress anyone at Mandy's wedding...If they care more about how much weight I've gained than how beautiful the bride is, then shame on them. :-)
- Nate: He's been on two scout trips this summer (including the leadership camp) and was inducted into the "Order of the Arrow." He will be going on an OA trip this weekend. He is looking forward to school starting...not because he likes school, but because he is missing his friends. He still hasn't taken any driver's education classes (I still can't figure that one out...I couldn't wait until I had my license!). He's had two moles removed from his back that came back benign but abnormal so he has to go in for another excision to make sure they got all the bad cells. Nate has been making YouTube videos and playing video games on the computer, especially "MineCrap," oops, I mean "MineCraft."
- Damien: This little guy has been playing lots of video games this summer, much to my chagrin. And, before you say "but you can stop him from playing, you're the parent" let me remind you that sometimes it is easier to let him play the games or watch TV than to deal with the crappy attitude when we go out on "field trips" that he doesn't want to go on. That being said, he's also been doing a lot of reading...he's into two books at the moment: The Lord of the Rings and Dark as Night (a modern re-telling of the classic fairytale, Snow White). Right now he seems to be battling some sort of stomach bug and is still asleep (it's 9:45 am and he NEVER sleeps past 7:30 a.m.). He's looking forward to school, too, because he got into Mrs. Judy's class (that's who he wanted to have as his 6th grade teacher) and because he wants to see his friends again.
- Carl: I will not take ballroom/swing dance lessons, as much as he's asking me to join with him at the studio. He's been taking private and group lessons, I think, to prepare to be able to dance at his niece's wedding in September. He also interviewed for a permanent position at Blue Cross so we're keeping our fingers crossed and hope to hear soon if he got the job. Besides working and dancing, he's still a volunteer assistant scoutmaster with Nate's troop and will co-teach the Teen Bible Study at church with me this fall.
There are the highlights thus far...when I write it, it doesn't seem like it, but this has been a REALLY busy summer that has gone by WAY too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment