Thursday, December 27, 2012

Let it snow!



I think it was good luck putting out my "Let It Snow" garden flag last week because since doing so, we've had more snow here than all of last year.   Despite the weatherman's prediction that the snow was done accumulating, we awoke to yet another 1"-1 1/2" of frozen flaky fun today.    Taking advantage of the time we had before the sun came out and the snow started to melt, this morning we went outside to play...

Need to do some shoveling...

A little fog added to the snow...the plows haven't been by yet.

This is a little closer to a blanket and less like a powdering...

Damien making a snow angel before the shoveling begins.

Damien's snow angel.

The fog and snow combo sure is pretty!

I really think this is one of the most lovely neighborhoods we have lived in...there's so much character, all year round!


Time to work!  Damien shoveled the driveway (at least what Carl didn't do this morning, Damien finished).
Nate piled up the snow...giving us a bounty to play with.

Sierra LOVES snowballs...she thinks they're cookies.

"Oh please, oh please, oh please.... can I have some snow?"

"I got me some snow!"


"I don't care if I smell like wet dog for a week...I LOVE to lay in this cold stuff!"

"Yum!  Snow treats!"

Damien making the base for a snowman.

St. Francis looks a little frosty.

Don't know why this bush wants to form a rosebud in this weather.

Snowball baseball...He swings...

...and he hits it!

Nothing says "FUN" like catching snowballs on your face.







I'm not sure if it's more fun for Damien or for those watching.  :-)

Nate gets into the act...





You'll notice Mom did not get into the act.

It's starting to look more like a snowbird than a snow man.




Our new mascot, Santa Snowbird.    

The view of the backyard.  We did not have to shovel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment