My youngest and most exuberant son, Damien, woke me up from a toasty and cozy slumber to announce that the world was blanked in white. Well, that wasn't exactly what he said...it was more like "Mom, mom, maaaaahhhhhhm, MOM! Wake up! It SNOWED!!!!" Any other time I would not have been exactly thrilled to be roused out of a restful slumber on the only day I get to sleep in. But, he did indeed say that magical word...SNOW! I jumped out of bed to see what present had been left for us the night before, and though it wasn't the most picturesque of wintery scenes, I was not disappointed.
The landscape looked more like someone with a very large shaker sprinkled powdered sugar all over the place, however, we were giddily THRILLED!
Here are some pics...
 |
| Backyard...still kinda dark at 8:30 a.m. but it showed as frosty as it would get during the day. |
 |
All that white dusting in the front yard kinda makes me hungry for a powdered sugar donut right about now. |
 |
A little, teensy, tiny bit of white fun resting on the tree branch. Don't ask me why I took this picture... even I don't really want to know how my mind works. |
 |
Is that a super hero? Or perhaps a super model walking the catwalk? No! That's Sierra sporting her extra winter coat. Luckily, she eats too much to be a model, unless you want to call her a supper model. |
 |
Despite the cold weather the past few days, we haven't had much frost due to the unseasonably warm temperatures throughout the valley. I have to applaud the grass for so diligently trying to ignore that winter is approaching. Just look at all that green poking out of the white! |
 |
Damien's first snowman of the season...at it's peak, it stood a staggering 6 inches tall! Look out microscopic creatures of the backyard! I think it just might be the abominable snowman! |
 |
We decided this was the opportune time to shoot a Christmas card picture... no, we didn't use this one (for the record, I was overruled much to my dismay). |
 |
Snow Buddies! (If only Frosty had his magic hat, they could have lived happily forever.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment