Can't decide if I find it amusing or annoying the hype in the Treasure Valley that surrounds the BSU Football team. Blue and orange is EVERYWHERE...and I'm not talking the changing color of the leaves and sky. On one hand, the spirit and support shown to a local college team is way to unify and rally the people who live in the community and is almost awe-inspiring. But, the cloying thing about the "spirit" here is the vast marketing opportunities it presents. Rows and rows of Bronco Pillow Pets at every corner Walgreens? Really?!? Bronco-themed golf bags? Seriously?!? Orange and blue tortilla chips, complete bedding, children's Halloween Buster costumes at Wal Mart and Bronco Bud Light beer? Ah, come on.
And, though certainly not exhaustive, here's photographic proof of what I speak...
 |
| This is a common display you will see at the entrance to every Bed Bath and Beyond in the Boise area. |
I could've taken more pictures but my brain was getting all migraine-y from all the blue.
Makes me want to wear my Aztec or Trojan gear all season long, just to be different.
No comments:
Post a Comment