Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rock On!

I know, I know...it's been a little late coming.  I've been a bit neglectful of my blog but I'm here now to catch you up on the comings and goings of the Sarrazolla's in Smurfville (or shall I say, Sarrazolla's in the "hyped-up blue and orange 24-hours a day, 7 days a week Bronco nation").

A couple of weeks ago, I took the boys to a "Rock Party."  Now, before you go and dig out your Grateful Dead concert t-shirts, it wasn't that kind of rock party.  We played for a while at the Museum of Mining and Gems Rock and Mineral Party located at the Old Idaho Penitentiary (yes, I can see the irony of having a rock and mining museum situated on the site where prisoners of old must have busted rock to keep them tired and complacent captives...you know,  like the way you see in old movies).  Anyway, I digress.  The party was great fun, well, at least for Damien.  He got to pan for gold, dig for dinosaurs, mine chocolate chips out of a cookie and build mineral molecules.

Have a look...

Not too much gold in them thar pans. 
A molecule made from gum drops...I'm afraid to ask where that stick mess is now, two weeks later.  At least it didn't go through the laundry...I think.

If only he could be this meticulous about keeping his room or homework neat...

Paleontologist in the making.


No comments:

Post a Comment