BEFORE
AFTER
For the record, I am not sure I am all that happy with the wall color I picked. Too neutral. But, because the walls in this room are 20 feet high, I will be sticking with this color for a very, very long time. Oh, and, this room isn't entirely finished...We still have to redo the fireplace surround and I plan on painting the hand rails on the stairs, like I did in our Carlsbad house (as if the tedium of that project wasn't enough to kill any desire to paint again).
By the way, lucky for you, what you don't encounter in the before pictures is the smell from the previous owners cats (yes, they left presents in and on the carpet) and the scratch marks on the wood floors and walls from the cats' sharp little evil claws. Nor do you see all the bugs who met their demise on the window sills...bugs, I'm sure, who were hopefully looking for an escape from the smell). Nor is there a picture of the 1/2" thick layer of dust (I am not exaggerating) on the ugly, yet functional, ceiling fan. I am eternally grateful for the painters who, when on their ladders giving a coat to the ceiling, cleaned the blades for me.
By the way, lucky for you, what you don't encounter in the before pictures is the smell from the previous owners cats (yes, they left presents in and on the carpet) and the scratch marks on the wood floors and walls from the cats' sharp little evil claws. Nor do you see all the bugs who met their demise on the window sills...bugs, I'm sure, who were hopefully looking for an escape from the smell). Nor is there a picture of the 1/2" thick layer of dust (I am not exaggerating) on the ugly, yet functional, ceiling fan. I am eternally grateful for the painters who, when on their ladders giving a coat to the ceiling, cleaned the blades for me.








No comments:
Post a Comment