After many decades of seeing advertisements for cute clothes designed specifically for the cooler temperatures of fall and longing to be able to wear them I can finally say that sweater weather has arrived! Here, as I sit and type this entry, I am clad in corduroy pants, a turtleneck, a long cabled sweater-coat which I just recently purchased because coming from beach country in SoCal, I had nothing of real value in my closet suited for a dip in temperatures. The only selection from my wardrobe I'm wearing at the moment that I moved from California to Idaho is my favorite pair of UGGs (boots, by the way, I purchased several years ago and should have been worn out by now, if I had lived in a place where I could wear them more often).
It is just past noon and the temperature has risen to a "balmy" 44.8 degrees Fahrenheit. Just two days ago, the air conditioning was running. Today, the heater has kicked in. Sadness abounds at the dissipation of summer here and I am in the distinct minority. I absolutely love, love, LOVE this weather, rain, wind, cold and have had no qualms in letting everyone know that a change of seasons, albeit a rather subtle difference, is much preferred to the drudgery of constant nice San Diego weather.
 |
(You can't really see the rain or breeze or even the puffy gray clouds but if you look closely enough, you can see the tips of the trees starting to turn orange in anticipation of more cool nights.)
|
Funny thing, though...this storm that brought autumn to Idaho also traveled far south, bringing the same sorts of weather to SoCal. Hmmm...maybe I didn't have to move so far to see distinct seasons? Naw...just checked the weather in Carlsbad. It's over 60 degrees and there is some sun poking through. Looks like Meridian has the better fall weather after all...well, I suppose it does depend on your perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment