Well, happy 2012, folks! It has finally arrived. After a year of major changes, I am definitely looking forward to 365 days of settling in, basking in the wonder of being a resident of Idaho. And, speaking of Idaho...
I thought there'd be snow.
At least a little more of it, anyway.
But, this fair state is on track to have the driest and mildest winter in some years. Maybe nature is making up for the soggy seasons of early 2011...wet enough to fill all the reservoirs to the brink, so much so that even if we don't get anymore snowpack for future spring and summer watershed, we are covered for the rest of this year.
Maybe Murphy's Law is the cause. After all, this Sarrazolla clan was expecting what we saw during our visit over Thanksgiving in twenty-ten. I think deep down I really didn't believe the Boise residents who said that particular weather pattern during the week of Turkey Day 2010 was unusual. Perhaps I was hoping they were wrong.
In any case, I think it is strange indeed that the weather in Meridian at the time I checked the internet on they day we returned home from our SoCal vacay was warmer than that of Carlsbad (it was a momentary topsy turvy time as the difference reversed itself two hours later and into the afternoon).
If at least I can't see any snow in the near future, I'll enjoy the glorious winter sunsets out my back window...
Or the colors painted on the sky to the west of the sunrise...
And pretend that these little bright lights at "Garden Aglow" are man's best alternative to a glistening blanket of white....
Snow, snow...wherefore art thou, chilly glittering flakes falling from the heavens? Please come soon (at least while I can still romanticize the notion of you).




No comments:
Post a Comment