Monday, May 7, 2012

Fall does not have a monopoly on color

We've almost come full circle.  One year ago we moved from our Carlsbad house and set up temporary digs while we prepared to head north to Meridian.  I expected that I would like, no scratch that...LOVE the change of seasons.  What I didn't see coming is how BEAUTIFUL spring would be.  Not only did the change from shorter, grayer days to longer, warmer, sunnier days impress me, the colors blooming from the trees...WOW!  I never imagined that Spring could compete so well with Fall.  The visual pleasure of seeing vibrant pinks, yellows and whites on not just one tree, but virtually all of the upright giants, made my sneezing and wheezing almost worth it.  Spring here in Idaho is gorgeous...the simple pleasure of viewing blooming Jacaranda trees in the Spring and Fall and the one or two liquid amber trees that would kind of turn colors in the Fall back in the sunny south C-A, pales in comparison to the treat for the eyes that is Spring here in the Treasure Valley.  The constant change in color and bloom on the plants and trees never leaves me bored.  I so appreciate that.

Anyway, not that my pictures could ever do it justice, but here are a few views of Spring here in Smurfville...


The boys still like hunting for plastic Easter eggs.

Blossoms on the cherry plum tree in our front yard.

From afar, this tree looked like it was covered in puffs of snow.

More plum blossoms, this time from a tree in the mall parking lot.

Saw this bloom in the median near the entrance to Bridgetower and just had to stop and take a picture of it.

One of the many medians in our housing development with blooming trees.

The house with "Spring Fever."

No comments:

Post a Comment