Friday, July 8, 2011

Crazy weather

Ok...so I now know that I'm from California...

A crazy storm whipped up the area just as I was driving down Ten Mile to the new house. The wind was howling as the driving rain pelted the car. Debris was flying everywhere...I swear I even saw Papa Smurf blow through the air. If that wasn't crazy enough, lightning was striking the fields to the right and left of me, thunderous claps actually shaking the car as I drove.

The Idahoans seemed unperturbed. No, strike that. They were completely unaffected. In the midst of one of the most dastardly storms I have ever been in the middle of, there rode a man on his motorcycle, leaning to the left, into the wind, to keep from being blown over. As if that weren't evidence enough of the firm resolve of the Meridian people, to my utter amazement, a bicyclist...a BICYCLIST!!...pedaled happily into the wall of water, sheer wind, and electrical show.

I, on the other hand, drove like a bat out of H-E-double-hockey-sticks, to get to the shelter of my house. I think I even screamed a little...I'm not quite sure about the scream, though, since the yelling in my head "go, go GOOOoooo!!!!" was drowning out any utterances I may have been making.

Yep, I must be from California.

No comments:

Post a Comment