Well, if it's my "new" home all that's in it is a bunch of sawdust and dead flies. The floors and paint are done, the trim is almost installed, new toilets are put in and the appliances are due to be delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately, we'll be living with our camping furniture until sometime, oh, mid-August before we get our things delivered from the storage warehouse back in San Diego. Thank you Bekins for being explicity clear as to the timetable of calling to request delivery. Without going into the gory detail, let this serve as a warning: never, Never, NEVER use Bekins for your move, especially if it's an out of state move. They will tell you things to get you to sign on the dotted line and then deny it later or worse yet, blame it on their co-workers. On the flip side, not to get all pollyanna on you, but I have yet to encounter problematic people here in the Boise area. Yes, Virginia, there is a difference between dealing with California companies and Idaho companies and it's called kindness and helpfulness.
At least by Thursday we should be in our new home, with a set of table and chairs (which I had to purchase for the smaller than expected kitchen nook), a couple of USC-themed camping chairs, and some air mattresses so we can rest our bone-weary bodies and stress-laden minds. I don't really mean this to sound so negative. There still is so much that I'm thankful for, and surprisingly, I'm even thankful for the delay in our stuff arriving from SoCal. It means I don't have to unpack everything yet. I'll get to do the bulk of that when the kids are back in school. It means no distractions and the ability to throw away junk my sons don't even remember having. Three cheers to the opportunity to declutter as I unpack. Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray!
In the meantime, I plan on enjoying what will amount to "camping" in my own house and pretending I'm on vacation. We will visit museums and botanical gardens and the zoo and the Birds of Prey preserve and the amazing water park.
What's in a home? Not us yet but hopefully soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment