Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Mexican Food in Meridian!

We ate at Tenampa Family Mexican Restaurant in downtown Meridian tonight. The food was pretty good and the atmosphere reminded me of all the really cool Mexican restaurants I went to as a child, sans the man-hole-cover sized crispy quesadillas. Our waiter spoke with an authentic Mexican/Spanish accent and was uber-friendly without being off-putting. When we returned from dinner, I realized that not once did I, as an adult, ever experience service like that at an authentic Mexican restaurant in SoCal. In fact, in comparison, the tacos in our former hometown seemed to have been served up with a huge portion of disdain for the people actually spending their money to dine, unlike at Tenampa where the waiter seemed genuinely happy to see us there.

I'm loving the Boise area...people are happy here. California might have happy cows but Meridian has happy Mexican food.

No comments:

Post a Comment