After contacting the CEO of Bekins by email and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, our things, which were due to arrive on 8/20 were eligible for delivery on Saturday the 13th...as if by magic, Bekins got their act together.
I literally did the happy dance as I saw the moving truck drive up my street. My elation quickly turned to deflation as box after box after box after box began filling my home. How the heck did we accumulate 524 boxes worth of junk?!? We could barely walk through the house. It turns out, that though about a third of everything we unpacked went straight to the "Garage Sale" pile, many boxes were just filled with lots of paper and garbage...including a paper-wrapped half-full bottle of Aquafina.
The one thing we realized after living for the past four months with the bare essentials is that we liked living simply, without the clutter, and have decided that it's a very good thing that we are getting rid of things we don't need or deep down, don't really want.
I can't wait for the garage sale!
No comments:
Post a Comment